Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Fuel question on going to 8psi

  1. #1
    Inactive Member sullust's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 12th, 2001
    Posts
    86
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am debating on going to 8psi from current 6psi setup. I realize that for this to happen, I need to get larger injectors, lower the fuel pressure, and get a new FMU & FPR.

    What size injectors work well for this setup? I have heard that 270cc's are all you need but 310cc's give better top end power -- along with idle adjustment issues.

    I am not looking to go higher than 8psi, and I don't want to buy an AFC.

    Will 270cc injectors work well with the JR MAP mod AND still have no trouble idleing? Will 310's?

    Help!



    ------------------

  2. #2
    Inactive Member fastfour's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 27th, 1999
    Posts
    709
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You said you don't want an AFC so I wont suggest getting one. (hint, if you get larger injectors you need something to tune the fuel with----->AFC biggrin )

    You won't have a problem idleing with 310's, I don't. I don't know anything about the map mod.

    Zach

    ------------------
    94 Civic Coupe/LS Hybrid
    JRSC@6psi
    Turbo Convert
    Import Specialty Automotive (253) 473-2606

  3. #3
    Inactive Member 5 Liter Eater's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 24th, 2000
    Posts
    402
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You're pretty much on track. If you're going to get new injectors I'd go with the 310's over the 270's. It's hard to judge because I assume the 270's you're talking about are like Prelude injectors and I have heard that Honda rates their flowrates different than RC so even though a GSR is supposed to have 240 CC injectors no one has had them flowed by RC to see what they say they flow.

    Anyway, I have 310's and a Vortech (B&M Commandflo) and a drilled out FPR and a Cartech. I run 30 vac, 40 static and 70 max fuel pressures and it works pretty well for me. Idle is fine but off boost drivability suffers. I need to drill my FPR out a scosh more to be able to get a vac. of 20-25 and a static of 30-35. A V-AFC would probably help out a lot but I am too cheap. You will have to play with the restrictor size that goes in-line to the Cartech to get the bleeder valve to do what you want it to in order to achieve a max FP or around 70. It's tricky but worth it in my mind rather than dumping $1400 into a standalone. I am too cheap to even get an electrical FP gauge to see max FP so I just put 2-3 feet of FI hose inbetween the fuel filter and B&M gauge so I can put it inbetween my hood and cowl to see FP under boost. You need to be able to see max FP with at setup like we're talking about.

    HTH

    ------------------
    Bill Winters
    '94 GSR w/ JRSC @ 9 PSI, ENDYN stepper pully, Cartech 20005, Vortech fuel modifier, RC 310's, AEM fuel rail, Hotshot 3" short ram intake, 2 1/4" test pipe and homemade CAI

  4. #4
    Inactive Member sullust's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 12th, 2001
    Posts
    86
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Bill,

    Is there any reason you bought a new fuel rail? Also, what brand of injectors did you get? did they hook right up or did you need special parts?

    thx,
    dave

    ------------------
    00 GSR, 6psi JRSC, JR MAP, JR BTC, Comptech iceman intake, DC 4-2-1 header, Random Cat, Greddy SP exhaust

  5. #5
    Inactive Member grand600's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 25th, 2001
    Posts
    242
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am going to try my best to Quote JRcivic. "When you use larger injectors(270's or 310's) w/ the map mod It over fuel the engine causeing a hickup. The way to fix this is Disconecting the wires for the IAT idle air temp that come from the map mod and tape them off. Last resolder the IAT wires to stock." Thats it! It worked perfect in my car

    ------------------
    JRSC 6psi(soon to be 8) water inj, jr map mod, vpac, JR BTC, dcsports 4-1, apex-i N1 catback 2.5", stock cat(my bad), J&S safeguard, (JR 8psi upgrade), fuel pump, aluminum fly(6.5)lb, center force dual friction clutch. A/F gauge, FP gauge, boostgauge. and big old crappy Konig rated "R" 17's this thing is sure to be slow

  6. #6
    Inactive Member 5 Liter Eater's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 24th, 2000
    Posts
    402
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sullust:
    Bill,

    Is there any reason you bought a new fuel rail? Also, what brand of injectors did you get? did they hook right up or did you need special parts?

    thx,
    dave

    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>



    ------------------
    Bill Winters
    '94 GSR w/ JRSC @ 9 PSI, ENDYN stepper pully, Cartech 20005, Vortech fuel modifier, RC 310's, AEM fuel rail, Hotshot 3" short ram intake, 2 1/4" test pipe and homemade CAI

  7. #7
    Inactive Member sullust's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 12th, 2001
    Posts
    86
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey bill! Thanks! wink

    ------------------
    00 GSR, 6psi JRSC, JR MAP, JR BTC, Comptech iceman intake, DC 4-2-1 header, Random Cat, Greddy SP exhaust

  8. #8
    Inactive Member randomwalk101's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 19th, 2000
    Posts
    1,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sullust:
    Hey bill! Thanks! wink

    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Heheh..Glad you can read mind...
    Anyhow, last time I spoke to him, he said that the fuel rail came with the JRSC kit that he bought...There is no reason to get one for our application...but it sure looks good wink

    ------------------
    It's powered by GASOLINE damnit!!!

  9. #9
    Senior Hostboard Member JRCivic's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2000
    Posts
    3,835
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well, not an EXACT quote... but you did get the point across.

    heheh

    ------------------



    '93 Civic Si H/B with B18C1, JRSC @ 8psi
    Best 1320: 12.68 at 110 mph

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •